Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4. "Lamentation" a prayer by Vassula Ryden, 1992

"Lamentation",
by
Vassula,
September 25, 1992,
from
"True Life
In God:
Prayers
of Jesus
and Vassula
(Notebooks
1 - 71)",
by
Vassula Ryden,
1994,
J.M.J. Publications,
Belfast,
Northern Ireland,
1994, page 77.

Here
I am,
to
pick up
my steps
over these
endless ruins,
with
a load
on
my back.

I come
to You
for consolation,
for relief,
and now
the strength
in me
trickles away,
and
I am gnawed
by grief
that
never sleeps.

With
immense effort
I cross
the terrors
of this
endless Night,
enfeebled
by
the cynicism
of
these
false witnesses
who
plague
my innocence
all day long.

It was
Your pleasure
to give me
the key
on matters
my soul
could have
never
understood alone,
on marvels
beyond me
and
my knowledge,
and
for this reason
they hound
my innocence.

There,
in every
obscure corner
they await
for
an opportunity
to plunder
my life
if that
were possible.

They
call themselves
Your people,
thinking
their mouth
is heaven,
but what
they proffer
is false,
fallacious
and
misleading.

I am
trying
to be bold
and
show a bold face
around
but they
are constantly
gnawing on me.

The godless
have
more charity
and
humility
than those
who
claim
they follow
Your Law
but
never
stop judging,
and
have not
the least hesitation
to condemn,
bringing
misery
crashing
down on me.

Were they
godless
who
judge me,
I could
put up
with that,
but
THEY,
who
call themselves
Your people!

People of God!

To whom
baptism
bounds us
together
in
Your House ...

I complain,
but
have I not
the right
to
unload
my burden
on to You
Lord
now and then?

Yes,
I know
I sound
and
I look
like
a walking
Lamentations Book,
but
I live
my life
in innocence,
so
relieve me
for just
a while
Lord!"

-- Vassula,
September 25, 1992

+++

No comments:

Post a Comment